Important: Brevity disclaimer.
Zadolbator is simple reminder component for Jabber server. Its main purpose is to remind you about events such as birthdays or holidays - though, you can use it also for keeping your everyday reminders about meetings, things to do, etc.
Zadolbator uses iCalendar format to store events: thus, you will need some basic understanding of iCalendar format to use it.
Implementation language is Ruby, license is GPL.
As it is written mainly for personal use - do not expect robustness, high quality or user-friendly interface - there’s nothing more than “it works for me”.
I do not actively develop Zadolbator now, but I might consider improving things there if there are requests for that, plus I’m still going to add several small features there which I need for my own personal use.
- Allows to add / modify / remove events in iCalendar format and manage subscriptions to these events.
- Sends notifications according to ALARM section of event.
- Supports multiple users.
- Allows custom ruby script to be executed when notification is sent.
- Two interfaces are provided: ad-hoc commands and message-based.
- Standards-compliant (hopefully): should work with every Jabber server that supports components and every Jabber client (using ad-hoc commands requires support from Jabber client of XEP-0004 and XEP-0050).
Psi client using AdHoc commands interface of Zadolbator
Psi client using message-based interface of Zadolbator
The latest version is 0.1_alpha, here are the sources.